sábado, 16 de janeiro de 2010

Claiming Possession

Hello unexpected visitor. This is intellectual property. Trespassers will be shot.

Blogosphere is a dangerous place. My initial idea for my blog in english (my mother tongue is Portuguese) had been Idle Speculations. It had been taken, but is still fallow. I'll send the landless movement a tip.

So here I am to claim animalcogitans.blogspot.com. The name has been adapted from animal laborans, an aristotelic concept of a man who performs base and fruitless labor (laboring animal), to indicate an individual defined by its thinking (thinking animal). I see it's a bit pretentious, but it sounded nice.

I will be back when I have any idea on what to write. It will be probably a lot about books, music and movies, foreign affairs and Brazil from an international perspective - if I'm entitled to do so.

Au revoir!

3 comentários:

  1. So here you are... What about Leosfera? It is a nice blog.
    Looks like I’m the first one to take part in your new area. Please, don’t expect any aristotelic rhetoric from me, but I will remotely follow your digressions.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Oi Leonardo. Faltam seus comentários em minhas aulas. Passa seu email ou me diz onde acho. Perdi aquele texto sobre as inapropriações, ou algo parecido que me mostrou em sala. Lembra?
    Abraço
    Sheila

    ResponderExcluir